postgres 8 plperl

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Sun Sep 5 04:51:00 GMT 2004

Just a short notice that I successfully created the new
postgresql-8.0.0beta2 (full debugging) with plperl,
and this still fails with the same plperl problem as the older versions.
postmaster crashes on executing a plperl function.
All other regression tests pass ok.

But the overall performance is MUCH better than with the 7.4.x series.
The automatic test at initdb gets you max_connections=100.
Before 5 were recommended for the testsuite.

As soon as the plperl problems are fixed I will provide a test package.
(taking over from Jason)
My current patchset is at
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/software/cygwin/postgresql/postgresql-8.0.0beta2-1/
--