perl 5.6.* package

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Mon Sep 6 14:51:00 GMT 2004

YAPP James schrieb:
> Thought I read there're problems with perl 5.8 on windows?
> http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/TWiki/WindowsInstallCookbook
>
> Under the Scope section, it's printed in bold "_don't_ use Perl 5.8.0 yet"
>
> Have you tried it? It would be great if it works.

The last time I tried it it worked ok. They shouldn't give impossible
advices.

perl UTF issues are solved for a long time now.
And I don't know of any outstanding CGI.pm bug. (summer 2003)

They do recommend:
cywin-1.3.9, Apache 1.3.27,  Cygwin perl-5.6.1-2

But I a have much better apache setup than they recommend.
For example they recommend also:

"You must use the Cygwin shell to do this (unless you are a Perl expert)
- don't use the Windows command shell, cmd.exe (aka DOS Prompt). Change
#!/usr/bin/perl -wT to #!c:/cygwin/bin/perl -wT . Example script to do
this (explanation):
     * $ perl -pi~ -e 's;#!/usr/bin/perl;#!c:/cygwin/bin/perl;' *[a-z]"

This for example is easily circumvented by using the
"ScriptInterpreterSource registry" directive in the twiki apache
<Directory> section or by using the old cygwin apache.

Sorry, I won't give more advice.
I have pretty much to do on my own phpwiki, than fixing twiki and perl
installation problems.
Any modern WAMP installer does a decent job with a typical apache/perl
installation.

ask at the twiki mailinglists.

--
Reini Urban