Recovering deleted files

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Wed Sep 8 23:38:00 GMT 2004

"David J. Stelte" wrote:

> Well, it happened to me.  I did a rm *, not realizing I was in a
> different directory than I thought I was and deleted a couple very
> valuable files that I had not backed up recently.  Is there any way to
> recover them?  I am using Cygwin running under XP.  Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

Cygwin does not delete files in any way differently that windows.  Do
the same thing that you would do if you accidentally deleted files in
Explorer or the Command Prompt.  A google search for "undelete software"
or "recover deleted files" would be where I'd start.  I've used
GetDataBack NTFS in the past with success.  This is not a Cygwin
question at all really.

Brian