Is it free to use

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Sat Sep 11 01:27:00 GMT 2004

Bobby McNulty wrote:

> Personally, I'm bored with the free verses copyrighted material.

Then why are you here (I mean in this thread)?

> GPL means you should include your source code with your binary code.
> Simple. Redhat does it, Mandrake does it, Cygnus does it. Cygwin's
> sources are included in the download section. Next time, think before
> you speak.

Contrary to your opinion I did think before I spoke! I don't think the
people who would use my application would want, know, care about or
understand the source and I didn't want to go through the additional
effort to make them available, place proper attribution in the sources
and require them to download an install Cygwin (if I were to use
cygwin1.dll).
--
Question: Why do people always seem to find things in the last place
that they look? Answer: Because most people stop looking after they find it!