BUG: Bad call to GetFileSze in ext2fsprogs lib/ext2fs/getsize.c

Earl Chew earl_chew@agilent.com
Tue Sep 14 20:01:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Let me again point out that a cygwin program shouldn't be doing *ANY OF
> THIS*.
>
> It shouldn't be calling GetFileSize and it shouldn't be calling
> CreateFile.

I think part of the original motivation might have been that under
some circumstances this set of programs needs to be used on
drive partitions as opposed to files within those partitions.

At that time there may have been no way within Cygwin to size
a partition (statfs()?).

As far as I can tell the O_BINARY changes are good to have.

Earl