Program terminates with "cygheap version mismatch detected"

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Wed Sep 15 17:00:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Peter Rehley wrote:

> > > From your cygcheck output I've seen that you have or had a B15
> > > running ... do you still use it? Even it the dll name is cygwin.dll
> > > (just a guess, B15 was not my time <g>), it might already allocate
> > > the same shared memory than cygwin1.dll.
> >
> > I tried to remove all instances of Cygwin from my system in an effort to
> > troubleshoot:
> >  + Did a find with regedit and removed any keys with "cyg" in them
> >  + Removed the c:\cygwin tree
> >  + Did a Windows Find on "cyg" and removed all files
> >
> > Reinstalled cygwin, rebooted.  Same error. :(
> >
> > Any other thoughts?  Possibly a problem with Windows XP SP2?  I'm not sure
> > what to try next
>
> Maybe off the wall, but keep the program that you are trying to run.  Remove
> the cygwin tree (c:\cygwin) and then try running the exe again.  See what
> happens.  If the program runs, then there is a cygwin1.dll outside of the
> tree.  Check the path that the program uses to see where the dll might be
> lurking.

Or, you could simply do "cygcheck program.exe", where "program.exe" is the
one you're trying to run.  It'll show all the DLLs that the program
depends on statically.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Happiness lies in being privileged to work hard for long hours in doing
whatever you think is worth doing."  -- Dr. Jubal Harshaw