Beginner question: Cygwin bash vs. cygwin/bin directory in DOS

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Wed Sep 22 00:33:00 GMT 2004

Do you Google? http://www.gnu.org/software/bash/bash.html would be a start.

> How can I use the cygwin bash shell to run commands like 'gcc' and
> 'make'? Right now I can't do anything.

Try simply typing gcc or make. If that doesn't work then it may be you
have not installed them or your PATH is not set correctly.

--
If we are what we eat, I'm cheap, fast, and easy.