Is setup.exe _supposed_ to delete the cygwin dll before attempting to run shell scripts?

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Fri Sep 24 16:52:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 05:31:34PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>This time I'm keeping a full list of everything that's in my /bin
>directory.  Next time anything bombs out I'm going to be able to
>_prove_ setup deleted it.

I think the cygwin1.dll deletion has been reported before.  Maybe
there's a problem in the dependency logic.  It seems like setup.exe
should know that the cygwin package needs to be installed before
everything else.

cgf