cp to flash drive very slow

David A. Rogers darogers@speakeasy.net
Thu Sep 30 18:57:00 GMT 2004

Well, yes.  The flash drive is a Sandisk Cruzer Mini which is USB 2.0 with
fallback to 1.1.  The computer is a Dell Dimension 4600 which claims eight
USB 2.0 connectiors.  Running Windows XP.

I don't think caching is the difference.  I was able to unzip the .zip
file right after xcopy had copied it.

Is there anything faster than cp for copying out of the cygwin tools?  I'm
working out some scripts to share files between my work machine and my
home machine using the flash drive.  I could use xcopy but then I'd have
to go through the filename translation doohicky.

dar