ipc, sockets and windows sp2

Vincent Dedun kraken+spam@smousseland.com
Mon Apr 4 06:52:00 GMT 2005

Corinna Vinschen wrote :

>Thanks again for the testcase.  It helped to track down the problem which
>was a result of my previous check in.  It should be solved in CVS now.
>
>Since you're building from CVS anyway, I don't create another snapshot
>for now.  We're that close to 1.5.14 anyway...

Thanks again for having solved this so quickly.

However, semaphores still doesn't work properly.
There is no more problem with semop not waiting, but with quick
semaphores locking unlocking.

I attach a new testcase, which is the same as previous one, except each
child task will lock the semaphore, wait 100ms, then release the
semaphore and die. Each time a child dies, a new one is created to keep
10 running childs.

On osx, you will see forever locking/unlocking of semaphore written on
output.
On lastest cygwin, you will see some locking/unlocking (about 11 or 12
lock/unlock pair for me), then every child keep waiting for locking, and
the program comes in dead-lock.

I think that semop doesn't get awaken properly when semaphore value
change quickly.

Same conditions (windows/cygwin version), as previous mail apply.

Kraken