GTK+, CYGWIN, MSW and GCC flagas

Jamiil Abdullah-Alkadir jamiil_abdullah_alkadir@hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 12:21:00 GMT 2005

Before going any further, I would like to thank everyone involved in helping
me find I solution to this problem, your help has been most valuable,
specially yours Stefan; your help has been most welcomed.
I did check "Tor's" web page righ after reading your message; there I found
out that one can compile a gtk program under cygwin that will be able to run
on MSW machines just by using the '-mno-cygwin' flag.
I have not tested this flag and cannot make any assestment as to the
certenty of Tor's statement for two reasons. I don't know how to use this
falg and I don't want to spent the time finding out how it works knowing
that the result could be unsatisfactory. Thus I have decided to post the
folowing question to the group in the hope that someone might have had a
previous encounter with this problem and be in a better possition to make a
recomendation on this issue.

Before Thanks to everyone envolved in

>From: Stefan Kost <ensonic@hora-obscura.de>
>To: Jamiil Abdullah-Alkadir <jamiil_abdullah_alkadir@hotmail.com>
>CC: gtk-list@gnome.org,  gtk-app-devel-list@gnome.org,  cygwin@cygwin.com
>Subject: Re: GTK+, CYGWIN & MSW
>Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:51:34 +0200
>
>Hi Jamiil,
>
>that is normal when using Cygwin. If you want a native version use MingW
>together with the gtk+ builds e.g. Tor offers.
>
>Stefan
>
>>I have finally got an application to compile under cygwin, but to run it I
>>have to launch the X server, 'startx' to be able to run the program under
>>cygwin. However, I am not able to run the program form windows, I have
>>added the 'cygwin.dll' and 'cygX11-6.dll' directories to the
>>'autoexec.bat' '%path%'. the program just does not run. What can I do to
>>get this fixed?
>>
>>TIA

SmartScreen Technology.
first two months FREE*.