rsync hangs on checksum synchronization

Jason Pearce jason.pearce@ieee.org
Mon Apr 11 13:45:00 GMT 2005

FYI - I use rsync with checksums to synchronise from my laptop to work.
It syncs to a HP binary of rsync at the other end. I found I had to use
checksums because the time stamping was unreliable, transfering more
than it needed to. I have found it to be very reliable since switching
to checksums, but my database is much smaller, 591 files 477M.

I use this command:
rsync -crpz --progress --delete Makefile setup.exe setup.ini etc release
engserv3:/netapp1/cad/users/jasonp/cygwin-beta/

On Cygin I have rsync  version 2.6.3  protocol version 28 (2.6.3-1)

On HP I have rsync  version 2.5.6  protocol version 26

Regards,
Jason