Python 2.3.5

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha@bubblenet.be
Mon Apr 11 15:24:00 GMT 2005

Jason Tishler wrote:
> Godefroid,
>
> On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 02:59:45PM -0400, Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
>
>>Thanks for your answer,
>

> You are quite welcome.
>

>>sorry for the delay on my side, I am just back from vacation.
>

> No problem.
>

>>Jason Tishler wrote:

>>>No, I only plan to maintain 2.4 and later releases.  FWIW, Python 2.4
>>>is part of the standard Cygwin distribution:
>>>
>>>   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2004-12/msg00002.html

>>>Does Zope 2.8 run under Python 2.4?
>>
>>Nope, a full security audit needs to happen first.
>

> Oh.
>

>>How big is the work to produce a 2.3.5 release
>

> Not much, Cygwin Python builds OOTB.

What does OOTB mean ?

Out of the box ?

Does that mean I can jsut get 2.3.5 sources and build it ?

If this is the case, I can live with it for development.

> However, I manually apply one
> patch to enable embedding.  See the following for the details, if
> interested:
>
>     http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/python/python-2.3.3.README
>

>>and would it be realistic for me to try it ?
>

> The really issue is making sure 2.3.x and 2.4.x play nicely with each
> other when installed via Cygwin setup.exe.

That would be needed for people to be able to make Zope 2.8 run on a
Cygwin system with 2.4

> BTW, I would have preferred to discuss this publically on Cygwin list.

cced

Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha)  http://bubblenet.be