How do I solve/work around "Resource temporarily unavailable"

Timothy Wall twall@oculustech.com
Thu Apr 14 18:50:00 GMT 2005

Thanks for the input so far.  Task Manager shows memory usage slowly
creeping up as the makefile below is run.  I've verified this on two XP
laptops and one w2k desktop.  The memory never comes back, and it
doesn't take long to max out a 512Mb/768Mb machine.  Might take a bit
longer if you've got several gigs of memory.

I'll post more details as I track this down further.

# Makefile to reproduce "Resource temporarily unavailable" error
SHELL=bash

all:
         for ((i=0; i<1000000; i++)); do make hello; done

hello:
         @echo "hello"