Problem getting started, Windows 98

Evan Tuer evan.tuer@gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 19:52:00 GMT 2005

Hello,
  I have installed Cygwin recently on my Windows 98 SE machine.
Following the instructions, I then installed a "binutils" package for
AVR cross-compiler (this one:
http://www.bladox.com/pub/turbo-win32-040129.zip).
cd /
tar xvfpz usr.tar.gz

Stuff un-packed and installed, without reporting any error.
Unfortunately, I can't get it to work - for example.

"BASH: make: command not found"

Looking at the cygcheck results, it also reports that make and other
essential bits are "not found".  I can't figure out why that should
be, since (I think) the "devel" stuff seemed to be installed from the
setup program.

So, maybe something essential is missing. If someone knowledgeable
could have a look at the attached cygcheck.out file and tell me
whether the problem is in my basic cygwin installation or the
additional binutils package, or a general idea of what's wrong, I
would be extremely grateful!

Thank you.