bash was: can not run OPUS MAKE

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Sun Apr 24 18:31:00 GMT 2005


Christopher Faylor schrieb:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 07:45:28AM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
> 
>>The problem is bash related.
>>
>>lame.exe invocation or mencoder.exe (probably arg parsing) also fails 
>>with a 1.5.15s-20050413 and latest bash-2.05b.0(1)-release (2.05b-17), 
>>but I haven't found time to debug it.
>>Reproduced with cygwin-1.5.15 release also.
> 
> 
> This is a disappointingly vague message.  I'm not sure what you hoped to
> gain from sending it since it contains no details or, AFAICT, any useful
> information other than "I had a problem" which, despite your previous
> high-quality contributions to this mailing list, does not preclude cockpit
> errors.
> 
> In any event, I have downloaded lame from a web site in France and it seems
> to behave just fine with bash.  I installed lame to /usr/bin and tried mounting
> /usr/bin with and without the -X directive, just in case that was a factor.
> 
> lame worked fine in both cases.
> 
> 
>>Passing the same cmdlines to cmd.exe or within cygwin tcsh or zsh do 
>>work fine. With the previous bash also.
> 
> 
> So, don't keep us in suspense.  What were the command lines that caused the
> problem?

Sorry, but I was in a hurry then:

The problem was not related to bash, but to my testing of the mount -X 
switch for /usr/local/bin (cygexec) which caused all my non-cygwin exes 
there to fail.

-- 
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/
http://phpwiki.org/

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list