create installation using installed.db
Brian Dessent
brian@dessent.net
Tue Apr 26 11:22:00 GMT 2005
Hans Horn wrote:
> I'd like to create a distribution media that allows my group to do custom
> offline installations of cygwin.
> I want this distribution to contain EXACTLY what is currently installed on a
> master machine, plus ALL the corresponding src packages.
>
> Now, I know that I can have setup to just download stuff to a local
> directory.
> However, doing that interactively is such a braindead task, so I was hoping
> that there's a simpler way.
>
> Can I use setup in unattended mode to do exactly what I've described above?
> Perhaps using the information it finds in /etc/setup/installed.db on the
> master machine?
I don't have a link handy, but if you search the archives you'll see
this was asked at least 3 times in the last 6 months, and several
methods of approaching it were described.
Brian
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list