Problem with 'cvs login'
Brian Dessent
brian@dessent.net
Tue Apr 26 23:06:00 GMT 2005
"Rancier, Jeff" wrote:
> That resolved that issue, as far as I can tell, now I'm getting the
> following:
>
> $ cvs -d :pserver:jrancier@jrancier:/usr/local/cvsroot login
> Logging in to :pserver:jrancier@jrancier:2401/usr/local/cvsroot
> CVS password:
> cvs login: authorization failed: server jrancier rejected access to
> /usr/local/cvsroot for user jrancier
>
> I did a chmod 777 on /usr/local/cvsroot, stopped and started xinetd, but
> still get the same. Any other suggestions?
Did you create the password file /usr/local/cvsroot/CVSROOT/passwd and
allow access for 'jrancier'?
By the way, you don't have to go through all the trouble of setting up
pserver if you just want a local CVS repository. Just set $CVSROOT and
use normal cvs commands, and it will access the files locally. pserver
is fairly insecure and if you plan to access it remotely you should use
the "CVS_RSH=ssh" access method instead. About the only thing pserver
is useful for is if you want a publicly available anonymous read-only
repository. My apologies if you knew this already.
Brian
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list