pointer to getting cron to run w/user creds?

Linda W cygwin@tlinx.org
Thu Apr 28 20:43:00 GMT 2005

I remember this discussion on the cygwin list, but wasn't able to find a
reference to in the FAQ.

I have a nightly cron job that I'd like to back up my home windows dir to a
samba machine, but when it runs, I'm sorta sure that it doesn't know what
cygwin-uid to run with.

Could someone point where getting cron to work with my credentials has been
covered?  I did google for "cron UID credentials site:cygwin.com", but
it came
up empty -- shouldn't that have found the dicussion in the cygwin list
archives?

Thanks & sorry for the bother...
Linda

**