YNT: Problem on the re-compling of g77 for the increasing of MXUNIT in fio.h

Gerrit P. Haase gerrit@familiehaase.de
Mon Aug 1 15:28:00 GMT 2005

Semih Ergintav wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To compile g77 with 'gcc-3.4.4.1.sh',, I followed the above steps and  'install2' step gives error ( I attached the outputs. See attachments):
> ./gcc-3.4.4-1.sh prep
>                --OK
>   ./gcc-3.4.4-1.sh conf
>                 --OK
>   ./gcc-3.4.4-1.sh build
>                 --OK
>   ./gcc-3.4.4-1.sh build_gnatlib_and_tools
>                 --No rules for this step (?)

This target is only needed and available when building gnat, which is
the Ada compiler.

>   ./gcc-3.4.4-1.sh build_info
>                 --OK
>   ./gcc-3.4.4-1.sh check (optional)
>                   --OK (see the attachment log file)
>     ./gcc-3.4.4-1.sh install
>                 --OK
>   ./gcc-3.4.4-1.sh strip_exe
>                 --OK
>   ./gcc-3.4.4-1.sh install2
>                              -ERROR (error in the install2_long.out file)

[...]

> + gzip -fq9 cpp.info.gz cppinternals.info.gz g77.info.gz gcc.info.gz gccinstall.info.gz gccint.info.gz jar.info.gz
> gzip: jar.info.gz: No such file or directory
> + STATUS=1
> + exit 1

Yes, I see, there should be some conditional depending on the packages
which are actually compiled there are some files missing here which I
usually have when building the full suite.

You can skip this step.  Just go to the installation path after
stripping the executables and tar it up manually.

Testsuite:

Go to the build directory and run `make mail-report.log` or simply
running `../contrib/test_summary -t > test-summary.log` should work too.

Then the content of *.log is the interesting part.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=