bug report: abort in g++ 3.4.4 generated DLL & client
Gerrit P. Haase
gerrit@familiehaase.de
Wed Aug 3 10:13:00 GMT 2005
Stein Somers wrote:
> Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>
>> Do you mean the code compiled on the sane machine, where
>> the binary runs ok when compiled with the older binutils, is crashing
>> when simply copying the executable to another machine?
>
>
> When copying the executable and dll, yes. That very same pair also
> crashes on the previously sane machine after it had its binutils
> upgraded. Unfortunately, I was too eager to try the upgrade to note the
> version it was upgraded from. The version was quite likely last upgraded
> at the end of June (but if gcc 3.4.4.1 wasn't out on cygwin yet then,
> that must be wrong).
I don't think that the behaviour of an executable depends on which
version of binutils is installed. Runtime dependencies are: cygwin1.dll
and nothing else.
>> Isn't it a cygwin problem then and not an issue which version of gcc
>> or binutils
>> is used?
>
>
> It would seem like the/some C++ runtime library is part of binutils, the
There is no runtime for C++, libstdc++ is static.
It is a Cygwin problem when running executables compiled with an older
version of cygwin fails. When I use the latest snapshot DLL the
testcase crashes too.
>> I have not tried to build it with gcc-3.3.3, could someone with this
>> version handy build an executable and send it to me, please?
>
>
> I'll do so.
Thanks.
--
=^..^=
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list