1.5.18: pthread_kill() sends signal to wrong thread

Bart Van Assche bart.vanassche@gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 08:32:00 GMT 2005

Hello,

    While porting a pthread-application from Linux to Cygwin I found
out that pthread_kill() behaves differently on Linux and Cygwin. It
looks like with Cygwin pthread_kill() sends a signal to the caller
thread instead of the thread specified in the argument list. I have
attached a test program and the output on Linux and on Cygwin with
this E-mail (in the included output you can see that I ran the test
program once on Cygwin, and four times on Linux).

Regards,

Bart Van Assche.