problem while connecting GDB to an ARM board
Michael LUITAUD
michael.luitaud@st.com
Mon Aug 8 08:05:00 GMT 2005
Larry Hall wrote:
>At 10:43 AM 8/4/2005, you wrote:
>
>
>>I used to use linux to compile code for my ARM based board but I needed windows and cygwin 1.5.8 to connect to the platform and debug via the ARM Multi-ICE Server and the Multi-ICE gdb Server.
>>I now have to stop using linux so, I installed the GNUARM Tool Chain for Cygwin. That Tool Chain needs 1.5.18 version of cygwin1.dll to work because it needs the _impure_ptr procedure.
>>
>>
>
>
>_impure_ptr has been a part of Cygwin symbols for a long time now. This is
>not new with 1.5.18. Perhaps you meant some specific element referenced
>through _impure_ptr? In any case, 1.5.18 is the version this list
>recommends you run with when using Cygwin.
>
>
>
>
>>I thaught it was right but I can not connect to the platform anymore and get "putpkt: write failed: Software caused connection abort" error on trying to connect.
>>
>>
>
>
>This is really a better question for the GNUARM folks. I'm not sure there
>are allot of GNUARM Tool Chain users subscribed to this list.
>
>
>
Do that means that the errors "putpkt: write failed: Software caused
connection abort" or "the procedure entry point _impure_ptr could not be
located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll" are due to ARMGNU?
I don't thik so!
>--
>Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
>RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
>838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
>Holliston, MA 01746
>
>
>--
>Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
>Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
>FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
>
>
>
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list