is there a cygwin maintainer for gnu emacs?

Joe Buehler jbuehler@spirentcom.com
Tue Aug 9 18:27:00 GMT 2005

David Masterson wrote:

> What versions of Emacs, XWin, and Cygwin are you talking about?  When I
> install all of Cygwin 1.5.18 (including the X stuff), Emacs (under X) crashes
> on startup (a window comes up and then crashes when I wiggle the mouse) and
> XEmacs  (under X) crashes on exit.  This is on MS-Windows XP (SP2).

The GNU emacs binary uses a number of dll's.  Do you have any way
to try earlier versions of the dll's?  One of them will be the cygwin
dll.  There will also be some X11 dll's and some misc dll's that handle
jpeg images etc.
--
Joe Buehler