is there a cygwin maintainer for gnu emacs?

David Masterson dmasterson@vmware.com
Tue Aug 9 18:32:00 GMT 2005

Joe Buehler wrote:
> David Masterson wrote:
>
>> What versions of Emacs, XWin, and Cygwin are you talking about?
>> When I install all of Cygwin 1.5.18 (including the X stuff), Emacs
>> (under X) crashes on startup (a window comes up and then crashes
>> when I wiggle the mouse) and XEmacs  (under X) crashes on exit.
>> This is on MS-Windows XP (SP2).
>
> The GNU emacs binary uses a number of dll's.  Do you have any way
> to try earlier versions of the dll's?  One of them will be the cygwin
> dll.  There will also be some X11 dll's and some misc dll's that
> handle jpeg images etc.

I can try the Cygwin time machine if you can suggest a version to try.  Are
you saying, though, that the version of (X)Emacs that Cygwin installs is
incompatible with the version of X that is installed?

----
David Masterson
VMware, Inc.
Palo Alto, CA