Programatically finding value of "cygdrive" prefix

L Anderson lowella@serv.net
Thu Aug 11 15:36:00 GMT 2005

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 02:47:52PM -0700, L Anderson wrote:
>
>>Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>>This is shorter:
>>>
>>>mount -p | sed -nr '2s/([^ ]) +\S+ +\S+$/\1/p'
>>>

>>Neither of which work if there is a space in the cygdrive prefix; viz a viz:
>>
>>Prefix              Type         Flags
>>/cyg drive posix path  system       binmode
>

> Actually yes they will.  Did you actually try the above?  I did.

[red face on]

Ummm, yah I did try them both using a number of test scenarios but all
tests failed.  That's why I posted.  However, I had been using my
Win98SE system for about 5 hours when I did the tests.

This morning I cold restarted my system and tried to verify yesterday's
results.  Now I can't get any of my tests to fail and I have not
installed or updated any software.

That's the last time I report an alleged problem without verifying it
after a cold restart!

Sorry for the noise.

[red face off in a bit]

Regards,