Installation Problem

Gerrit P. Haase gerrit@familiehaase.de
Sun Aug 14 00:27:00 GMT 2005


Tom McKenna wrote:

> I have been installing cygwin and SSHD on several computers without any 
> trouble.  However I am getting a strange problem on a few servers.  When I try 
> to run anything cygwin related it just crashes immediately. Like if I run the 
> cygwin shell the window just pops up and immediately closes.
> 
> my cygcheck just displays this:
> 
> Cygwin Configuration Diagnostics
> Current System Time: Sat Aug 13 09:46:48 2005
> 
> Windows 2003 Web Server Ver 5.2 Build 3790 Service Pack 1
> 
> Running in Terminal Service session
> 
> Path:   C:\WINDOWS\system32
>         C:\WINDOWS
>         C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
>         c:\cygwin\bin
> 
> and stops - again, probably just crashing.

What shows the eventlog?  Are there some policies active because 2003
Server is really picky about what is allowed to run.  However it should
be a relevant information and/or error message in the eventlog.

E.g. we got a problem with an old printer driver which runs in kernel
space which is no longer permitted with the default settings, basically
it is a good thing to teach the programmers to not use my kernel space
for things like printer drivers.

The sytems where cygwin works are also (Web) Server 2003 (NT 5.2)?


> cygcheck -c shows a problem:
> cygwin               1.5.18-1           Incomplete

Cygwin requires at least cygwin1.dll to be present in the bin directory
(-> c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll).  The headers and import libraries are
not neccessary to run executables.


> I am installing the default package set along with openssh and vim.  I tried 
> uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.
> 
> My CYGWIN environment variable is set to ntsec tty and the path has 
> c:\cygwin\bin in it.


-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list