Win64 users, please test snapshot (was Re: cygwin on win x64)

Oliver Walsh Oliver.Walsh@ansys.com
Mon Aug 15 13:10:00 GMT 2005

> On Aug 13 16:37, Frank Spies wrote:
> > i have the same problem with the cygwin install spawning 1000s of
> > processes on win x64 reported in a post on 28 july ..
> >
> > i did not see anybody responding with a fix or a workaround
> > does anybody have an idea how to get cygwin up and running on win
x64 ?

> I've applied a potential fix to Cygwin.  Could you (and others using
> a 64 bit Windows) please test the latest Cygwin snapshot 2005-Aug-14
> from http://www.cygwin.com/snapshots/
>
> Report back if it solves the problem or if not, please provide a
> simple, reproducible situation which allows us further testing.
>

> Thanks,
> Corinna
>
> --
> Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin
> Cygwin Project Co-Leader          mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
> Red Hat, Inc.
>
> --

The snapshot works fine, at least for me.

Just run clear.exe or gconftool-2.exe to reproduce the problem.

To get cygwin installed the first place: don't select the GConftool2
package as gconftool-2.exe would then run in the postinstall scripts.

Thanks,
Ollie Walsh