May g++ output windows-style paths instead of cygwin-style one?

Angel Tsankov fn42551@fmi.uni-sofia.bg
Thu Aug 18 10:53:00 GMT 2005


> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Angel Tsankov wrote:
>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Angel Tsankov" <fn42551@XXX.XXX-XXXXX.XX>
>> To: <cygwin@XXXXXX.XXX>
>> Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 12:11 PM
>> Subject: Re: May g++ output windows-style paths instead of 
>> cygwin-style one?
>>
>> > ----- Original Message -----
>> > From: "Brian Dessent" <brian@XXXXXXX.XXX>
>> > To: "cygwin mailing list" <cygwin@XXXXXX.XXX>
>> > Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 12:00 PM
>> > Subject: Re: May g++ output windows-style paths instead of 
>> > cygwin-style one?
>
> <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Let's not feed the 
> spammers.
> Thanks.  Incidentally, what kind of mailer quotes full headers like 
> this?
>
>> > > Angel Tsankov wrote:
>> > >
>> > > > I have this problem, 'cause I use a windows build of make 
>> > > > 3.81beta3
>> > > > and it does not recognize cygwin style paths.
>> > > > The latest cygwin build of make is 3.80, which has some bugs, 
>> > > > and I
>> > > > cannot use it.
>> > >
>> > > I think it would be more productive for you to get Cygwin make 
>> > > working
>> > > than to try to jerry-rig a windows make into a posix 
>> > > environment. If
>> > > you are running into a specific bug in the current packaged 
>> > > version that
>> > > is fixed upstream, then you should document it here and the 
>> > > Cygwin
>> > > package maintainer might release an updated package.
>> >
>> > Well, how do I document the bug?
>>
>> OK, here's something like a test case. Since a couple of my 
>> previous attempts
>> to post a reply with a zip file attachment were unsuccessful, I've 
>> put the
>> test case here:
>> http://debian.fmi.uni-sofia.bg/~angel/test_case_make_3.80.zip
>
> To summarize, for those who'd rather not download the full zip:
>
> ------------ BEGIN makefile ------------
> GetAllFiles = \
> $(eval AllFiles := $(wildcard $(addsuffix /*,$(strip $(1))))) \
> $(AllFiles) \
> $(if $(strip $(AllFiles)),$(call GetAllFiles,$(AllFiles)))
>
> AllFiles := $(call GetAllFiles,Source)
>
> all:
> @echo $(AllFiles)
> ------------- END makefile -------------
>
> The "Source" directory contains 2 files, File1.h and File2.h.
>
>> The result I get when running (the cygwin version of) make on my 
>> system is:
>> Source/File1.h Source/File2.h h
>>
>> And the expected result is:
>> Source/File1.h Source/File2.h
>
> There are a bunch of things wrong with the code above (in 
> particular, the
> variable AllFiles is overridden), but it does look like a genuine 
> make bug
> (in the expansion of a $(call) function).

Could you point out other wrong things with the code above so that I 
try to avoid them in the future?

Regards,
Angel Tsankov
fn42551@fmi.uni-sofia.bg 


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list