Building a cygwin->linux cross-compiler problem

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Mon Aug 22 07:27:00 GMT 2005

Alain Paschoud wrote:

> For some reason, I need to compile in cygwin applications that will run
> on linux (OpenBSD to be precise). I didn't find any pre-compiled
> cross-compiler to do that (does it exist one ?), so I try to build one.
> To do so, I am following first part of next howto :

This isn't really a Cygwin-specific topic, and there are better places
to ask such as the crossgcc list (also hosted on sourceware).  If you
want a full cross toolchain and you're targeting linux/glibc then
crosstool will definitely be what you want to use.

> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Distcc_server_on_Windows

...especially if you're following someone else's directions.

> /usr/src/binutils-20050610-1/binutils/ar.c:143: undefined reference to
> `_yyparse'

Are you missing bison?

> cygwin$ export BUILD=i686-pc-cygwin
> cygwin$ export HOST=i686-pc-cygwin

Normally you don't need to specify these.

> cygwin$ export TARGET=i686-pc-linux-gnu

If you are targeting openbsd then why are you using this?

Brian