Problems with Windows threads and cygwin sleep()

Raul Metsma raul@vihmapuu.ee
Thu Aug 25 10:40:00 GMT 2005


Seems this is something related CPU-s or total Windows thread count
I tested it on Windwos 2003, where are 2x2,4GHz Intel Xeon
There occurs this issue on 800 threads
Maybe is this something related with OS?

Raul Metsma

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 25 12:30, Raul Metsma wrote:
> 
>>Ohh never get this right :(
>>Actually I am more system administrator than programmer
>>
>>Lets try again:
>>http://rtedev.com/~raul/threads/threads.c
>>Compile this program under mingw
>>gcc -o threads.exe threads.c
>>./threads 600
>>
>>now compile
>>http://rtedev.com/~raul/threads/main.c
>>with cygwin
>>and when I execute this, then threads.exe will eat 100% CPU
> 
> 
> Er... well, no, not on my system.  It takes 3 to 5% CPU and that
> doesn't change when starting main.exe.
> 
> 
> Corinna
> 

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list