Shared memory problem

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Thu Aug 25 15:04:00 GMT 2005


Ugh, top-posting.  Reformatted.

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, CRAIG SORENSEN wrote:

> > From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha@XX.XXX.XXX>
> > Reply-To: cygwin@XXXXXX.XXX
> > To: CRAIG SORENSEN <sorbercra@XXX.XXX>
> > CC: cygwin@XXXXXX.XXX

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.

> > On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, CRAIG SORENSEN wrote:
> >
> > > I have followed the instructions in the README file and the messages
> > > already sent about this subject. The cygserver is set up and running,
> > > but I am still getting a Bad system call when I run a simple program
> > > with <sys/sh.h> and <sys/ipc.h>. What could I be doing wrong?
> >
> > *Could* be lots of things.  Nobody knows which one, though, since you
> > haven't posted any details about your system or the program you're
> > running.
> >
> > Please post a complete (preferably short) program that fails for you,
> > the commands used to compile it, as well as other relevant details as
> > requested in the Cygwin problem reporting guidelines at
> > <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, particularly the output of
> > "cygcheck -svr".  It would also help to know exactly how you've
> > configured your cygserver.
> >
> > Help us help you,
> > 	Igor
>
> I have attached the cygcheck file and a short program that I have copied
> from a tutorial online. I am compiling it as shown here:
>
> gcc shm_write.c -o shm_write
>
> There are no errors or warnings when I compile, but whenI go to run, it
> says "Bad system call".
>
> Thanks for the help.

Uh-huh.  You don't have "server" in your CYGWIN environment variable.
Try running your program as "CYGWIN=server ./shm_write".  Please re-read
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cygserver.README for more details.
	Igor
-- 
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_		igor@watson.ibm.com
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'		Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL	a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!

If there's any real truth it's that the entire multidimensional infinity
of the Universe is almost certainly being run by a bunch of maniacs. /DA

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list