perennity of cygwin_internal(CW_GET_ERRNO_FROM_WINERROR,err)

Fri Aug 26 09:06:00 GMT 2005

On Aug 26 00:43, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While writing a library for instance, we'd like
> to return appropriate errno values, and for this
> cygwin_internal(CW_GET_ERRNO_FROM_WINERROR,err) would be much useful.
>
> Documentation says "Stay away unless you know what you're doing". Could
> it be removed some day, and hence we shouldn't use it?

What do you want?  Removal of the "Stay away" comment?  But it's
true and right.  It doesn't mean you shouldn't use it at all, but
you're on your own if you play with it and break your application.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.