Problems with Windows threads and cygwin sleep()

Raul Metsma raul@vihmapuu.ee
Mon Aug 29 10:14:00 GMT 2005

  > No, I tested with just two cmd windows.  The joke is that I don't see
> the Cygwin process doing anything suspicious.  In my test I just started
> tcsh under strace to see if it begins to behave weird when the threads
> application is running, but it just waits in ready_for_read for user input.
> Nevertheless, threads takes the CPU time when the no. of threads is big
> enough and returns to normal when the Cygwin process stops.  I tried a
> few things but no luck so far.  Maybe Dave is right.

Some more testing

When I comment out signals.cc nanosleep() content and add there
directly windows Sleep() call, then does not occur this issue.
Could this be nanosleep() bug or something deeper?

Raul Metsma