Matlab Segmentation Fault error

Joe Andersen jaanders@fas.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 29 23:34:00 GMT 2005

Hi all.

Not sure if this is a Cygwin problem, but it seems to be. I just
installed cygwin so I could run Matlab on the unix servers at school
from my windows laptop. Now that I;ve got rid of zonealarm, cygwin
generallty works fine. However, when I try to run matlab after having
ssh'ed to crest (our server), I get "segmentation fault" and matlab
doesn't run.

Here is how I log on:

Joe@orac ~
$ ssh -X -l **** crest.***
****@crest.***'s password:
Last login: Mon Aug 29 15:59:01 2005 from ****
[***@crest ~]$ matlab
Segmentation fault

start matlab with the following flags
-nojvm -nodisplay -nosplash -nodisplay

(in various combinations) Is there something I should change settings
wise to make things work? Or is SSh the wrong protocol here?