cygwin file permissions change after installation

H. S. hs.samix@gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 00:34:00 GMT 2005

Brian Dessent wrote:
> "H. S." wrote:
>

>>As you mention, there are so many sites that tell you to do chmod
>>system:system that it made wonder what was the real deal behind this.
>

> In fact it is required that certain files and directories be owned by
> the user that runs sshd (which in most cases is SYSTEM.)  But
> ssh-host-config does all this for you, so the need to do it by hand
> should never occur.
>
> Brian

hmm .. I don't know about this. I don't seem to have any file with
SYSTEM as the user:
$ find /cygdrive/d/cygwin/ -name * -user system
$ find /cygdrive/d/cygwin/ -name * -user SYSTEM

the above commands give me nothing. What gives?

->HS