screen-4.0.2 on Cygwin 1.5.R18-1

Peter pli9+PUB@borkborkbork.itsa.ucsf.edu
Fri Dec 2 06:32:00 GMT 2005

I got screen to compile with very minor source code changes (more changes
might be better, but I haven't fiddled too much).  Everything seems to
work okay, except that I can't get screen to persist once I close my
terminal window.

I tried running screen "-d -m" as a service through cygrunsrv, but with
little success.  When it runs as SYSTEM I can't attach the screen, and
when it runs as me it hangs immediately.  It seems to hang eventually when
running as SYSTEM too, but it's hard to tell what's going on.

Anyone who can tell me a better way?
Thanks!
Peter