Symbolic links with cvs

Akshay Dua adua@juniper.net
Sat Dec 3 02:59:00 GMT 2005

Thanks so much for your reply.

Is there a way to tell Cygwin to stop converting (or treating) .lnk
files as symlinks? The thing is my colleagues with the same version of
Cygwin do not have this problem. In their case Cygwin treats the .lnk
file as a plain file rather than a symbolic link and hence does not
follow it. I wonder why this behavior exists on my machine.

The only thing I can think of, is that I set and then unset
CYGWIN=ntsec. I don't know if that changed something. Before that I had
whatever is enabled by default and in fact was not observing the above
behavior even when I checked out .lnk files.

The issue really is that since .lnk files are treated as symbolic links,
they appear as locally modified to CVS because in one case the links are
followed (locally) and in the other case they aren't (in the
repository).

Any suggestions on how I can get the old behavior back?

Thanks
Akshay

/DA