exim 4.54-1 and broken symlinks

Krzysztof Duleba krzysan@skrzynka.pl
Thu Dec 8 18:45:00 GMT 2005

Pierre A. Humblet

> Hum, I just installed the latest exim on a new machine and can't
> reproduce
> what you describe. exim-config created
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 p-humblet sw 13 Dec  8 10:10 /usr/sbin/sendmail ->
> /usr/bin/exim*
> (no .exe anywhere) , as one would expect from the line
>     ln -s -f  /usr/bin/exim /usr/sbin/sendmail &&
>
> Could there be a problem with your ln?

Yes, you're right, the problem is with ln, *.exe magic and exim using
symlink to a symlink. I also think that updating exim (setup.log shows
that I had exim-4.52-2 installed) could do some damage, I'm not sure how,
though. Anyway, it's nothing wrong with Cygwin exim package, as it
appears.

Krzysztof Duleba