Where is patch?

Lennart Borgman lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se
Thu Dec 15 17:50:00 GMT 2005

Brian Dessent wrote:

>Lennart Borgman wrote:
>

>>Thanks! There is a hit, I did not have "as" from Cygwin. Changed my path
>>a bit. But how do I find "as"? I would get the package search as it is
>>now is of no big use for such a name? ;-)
>>

>Sigh.  'as' is part of binutils.  It contains the assembler and linker
>and you will not be able to do a thing with regards to compiling
>anything until you have it.

Thanks Brian.

>But more importantly, binutils is listed in the 'requires' line of
>'gcc-core' which means it should have been selected when you chose gcc.
>So whatever you did to install gcc, you somehow managed to seriously do
>wrong.

I am not sure I understand what you mean. What is the "requires" line?
Where is it? Should binutils have been dowloaded automatically when I
downloaded gcc-core?

When I look under Devel in setup.exe the binaries for binutils are
checked but without any download date. "which as"  says "as" is not
found. Can you tell me what I should have done? Did I do something wrong
or is there perhaps a bug? Could it perhaps be because the downloader
stalled? (Maybe because of slow download here.)

When I now clicked next, without checking any new pages the downloading
did continue. I believed I started setup.exe and clicked continue
before, but as far as I remember right now I dod not open Devel that time.

I think I can guess how this works now, but I am not quite sure and it
is a bit confusing IMO.