Where is patch?

Lennart Borgman lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se
Thu Dec 15 18:15:00 GMT 2005

Lennart Borgman wrote:

> Dave Korn wrote:
>
>> And the answer is that as is the GNU assembler, and it is part of the
>> binutils package, which lives under the 'Devel' category in setup.
>>

> Thanks for this! That trick is so handy in my opinion so it ought to
> be as a tip on the search page right under the search box!

After finishing the installation of gcc-core (which includes binutils as
far as I understand) configure + make ran fine. I have now patch 2.5.9
compiled for Cygwin I believe. Or?

My intention was to look at the source code and see how it handles line
endings. I do not know if that is realistic though. As I said before
what I want it to do is:

1) Keep the line end style for the patched file.

2) Read the patch file and apply it even if it uses a different line end
style.

This is simply what I expect of a text oriented tool. Comments and help
are welcome! (But please no holy war on line end style. That is just
improductive.)