STDOUT of non cygwin command lost (in automated ssh session)

cygwin@trodman.com cygwin@trodman.com
Sun Dec 18 14:47:00 GMT 2005

On Sat 12/17/05 16:45 EST cygwin@cygwin.com wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 01:52:17PM -0600, Tom Rodman wrote:
> >background (why plink is used):
> >
> >We have a wrapper script that runs plink to start a localhost ssh
> >session w/password authentication.  This wrapper script is designed to
> >run a command after the ssh login.  (We also have a similar cygwin
> >expect script.) The benefit- network drives are writable.  These
> >wrapper scripts are used in crontabs.  The problem is not with these
> >scripts
>
> You seem to be expecting that the people whom you'd like to debug your
> problem would know what "plink" is.

Sorry, it's closely related to putty.  I don't have a good link
specifically for plink..

  http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/faq.html

> If you can't duplicate this problem with "off-the-shelf" components
--snip

I will try to duplicate the problem using a short expect script
instead of plink - may take a few days; I'll post to this thread.

--
thanks,
Tom