setup/symlinks/gcc/chown question

Karl M karlm30@hotmail.com
Sun Dec 18 21:23:00 GMT 2005

Hi All...

If I reinstall gcc/mingw (c++ and core four packages total) and then do

ls /lib/gcc/i686-pc-mingw32/3.4.4

I see the links correctly interpreted as links (ls shows them with name ->
name), but after I do chown -h on one of the links, ls shows it as name.lnk
(and this corresponds to gcc -mno-cygwin... giving me an error that it an't
fine cc1.exe).

If I delete and create the link myself (ln -s
../../i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4.cc1.exe), then all is well and chown -h (or -R)
does not break it.

Thanks,

...Karl