Does /usr/bin/ssh-host-config need to be updated?

Tue Dec 27 12:11:00 GMT 2005

On Dec 27 00:12, Brian D. Carlstrom wrote:
> missing cygcrypt-0.dll. I just found this related post which did address
> the problem:
>
>   Thomas Hennemann solved: cygcrypt-0.dll not found
>   http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-12/msg00095.html
>
>     Finally STFW I came across this advice:
>
>     "Reinstalling sshd service in windows
>     This one was a bit painful as I didn't want to mess with the pre-existing configuration of the key files. Installation required a small modification to the standard installation options.
>
>     cygrunsrv --install sshd --path '/usr/sbin/sshd' --env 'PATH=/bin;/sbin' --env 'CYGWIN=ntsec tty' -a -D

...which is wrong in using a semicolon as PATH separator.

Also /sbin doesn't contain any related executable or DLL.
Also the path is crippled afterwards and doesn't contain any of the
Windows paths.

Finally, cygrunsrv always concatenates /bin to $PATH before starting
a service application.  I'm also running sshd on XP and I'm using it
on a daily basis.  My sshd setup does not change $PATH but is using the
standard installation created by ssh-host-config.

Corinna

Red Hat