Hope this topic isn't taboo yet

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Fri Dec 30 20:00:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 02:07:37PM -0500, Frier, David wrote:
>Ordinarily I would not make the following reply on-list, but you seem
>insistent that I must, so here goes.

Not only am I insistent, I sent you to a page which talks about it in
bold letters.  I'm not sure why you need to even mention it.

>I read problem.html

And, yet, despite having read problems.html, you still posted a message
which went against almost all of the guidelines on the page.

For the record, you might want to focus on the discussions in February
of this year and read this announcement:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2005-03/msg00000.html

Those indicate at least some success fixing "the hyperthreading problem".

While I have occasionally see people mumbling about hyperthreading here
since that time, I doin't recall seeing anyone post a reproducible test
case showing a hang, , "Ab Intio" (whatever that is) not withstanding.

>So. Should anyone have a CONSTRUCTIVE response to my query, THAT would
>be lovely.

And IF you have any constructive information using THE guidelines at
the previously mentioned URL, that would BE peachy.

cgf
(Not sure I have that excessive capitalization trick down quite right)