where do I find these unresolved symbols

Tim Prince tprince@computer.org
Tue Feb 1 14:01:00 GMT 2005

At 04:07 AM 2/1/2005, Mirko wrote:

>During the linking phase I am getting an error message about unresolved
>symbols.  I am a bit puzzled about some of them (tcl/tk, xpm) because I
>believe that I am pointing to the correct libraries (so much about my
>knowledge of pointing to libraries), and baffled by others, as I don't
>have a clue where they may be coming from.
>
>I am attaching the output of the linker separately, but here is a
>breakdown of the errors:
>
>___getreent
>
>_sind, _cosd (I do have -lm on the command line)
>
>_Tcl_Eval, Tcl_Create_Command (funny, but I find the first one in the
>libtcl.a, not the second)
>
>_Tk_NameToWindow (I do have -ltcl, -ltk, and I believe -L is set correctly
>on the command line)
>
>_BXG_Write_2,3D (What library does this belong to?)
>
>_XpmWriteFromPixMap (I have the Xpm-NoWindows package, but I don't see any
>libxpm.a on the system, only s,cxpm.exe)
>
>I am using the most recent version of all the packages (sorry, I don't
>have the output of cygcheck with me right now)
>
>Clues? comments (like go away, and don't bug us :-)

A little work with nm *.a|grep whatever should help you figure out a better
link order. Only you or the author of the code would have a clue about some
of the more unusual functions you call.  If sind/cosd are what I think they
are, they should be trivial for you to write yourself in terms of standard
library functions.

Tim Prince