How can an MSVC app tell it's running in a Cygwin rxvt window?

Stefan Vorkoetter svorkoetter@maplesoft.com
Tue Feb 1 21:51:00 GMT 2005

We have an application which can run in a command-line driven mode. For Windows,
the app is compiled with MSVC. However, some of our users (including some people
in-house) like to use it from within a Cygwin shell. It works fine in a bash
running in a Windows console window, but not when running under rxvt. The
problem there is that Microsoft's isatty(0) call is returning false.

Does anyone know how to get an app compiled with MSVC to figure out that its
running in bash within rxvt?

Thanks,
Stefan Vorkoetter
Maplesoft