path/version mismatch between packages perl and perl-libwin32
Reini Urban
rurban@x-ray.at
Wed Feb 2 17:20:00 GMT 2005
Jochen.Schwarze@cit.de schrieb:
> the packages perl and perl-libwin32 seem to use incompatible paths.
We know. perl-libwin32 cannot be used with perl-5.8.6.
You have to install it by yourself via CPAN or wait for the official
package update.
perl-win32-gui will be seperate.
For the simple Win32 FFI module (Win32::API) I'm not sure yet, but the
other two (FFI and C::DynaLib) do work fine with callbacks.
> perl-libwin32 v0.191-1 (current version) installs to
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/cygwin-thread-multi-64int
>
> perl v5.8.6-4 (current version) searches in
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8/cygwin (among others)
>
> When you try to use the perl Win32::OLE module, eg, you will get this
> error message:
>
> $ perl -e "use Win32::OLE"
> Can't locate Win32/OLE.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/5.8
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8/cygwin
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8/cygwin /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8 .) at -e line 1.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.
>
> I tried to work-around including the other path manually, but then I get
> this error:
>
> $ perl -I/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/cygwin-thread-multi-64int -e "use
> Win32::OLE"
> Can't load
> '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/cygwin-thread-multi-64int/auto/Win32/OLE/OLE.dll'
> for module Win32::OLE: dlopen, Win32 error 126 at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin/DynaLoader.pm line 230. at -e line 1
> Compilation failed in require at -e line 1.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 1.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list