ClamAV update

Tony Hain tony@tndh.net
Wed Feb 9 01:23:00 GMT 2005

I realize there have been disk problems lately, but how long should it
normally take for the ClamAV utility to be updated? FreshClam has been
screaming in the logs for 2 weeks now about needing an update, and there
have been 2 version updates in that time:
--------------------------------------
Received signal 14, wake up
ClamAV update process started at Wed Jan 26 15:26:02 2005
WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED - please update immediately!
WARNING: Local version: 0.80 Recommended version: 0.81
main.cvd is up to date (version: 29, sigs: 29086, f-level: 3, builder:
tomek)
daily.cvd is up to date (version: 685, sigs: 727, f-level: 3, builder:
diego)
--------------------------------------

$ tail /var/log/freshclam.log
--------------------------------------
Received signal 14, wake up
ClamAV update process started at Tue Feb  8 09:37:21 2005
WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED - please update immediately!
WARNING: Local version: 0.80 Recommended version: 0.82
main.cvd is up to date (version: 29, sigs: 29086, f-level: 3, builder:
tomek)
daily.cvd is up to date (version: 700, sigs: 1256, f-level: 4, builder:
ccordes)

WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED - please update immediately!
WARNING: Current functionality level = 3, required = 4

I would just go to the ClamAV site and pull it down, but when I installed
through the Cygwin setup the location and names of files changed. I don't
know if that would have happened anyway due to version changes or if there
is something different about this distribution. In any case the reason I
went with the Cygwin distribution was to simplify updates and stay current
with other fixes, but for some reason the update from ClamAV doesn't appear
to be making it over to the Cygwin distribution path in a timely manner. Is
this expected behavior or is something broken?

Tony