Python 2.4's test_threadedtempfile failing (was Re: hyperthreading fix try #2)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan@iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 14 16:14:00 GMT 2005

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 01:12:53PM +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>>I can't say for sure if it's a regression, since I never got 1.5.12 to work
>>properly at all (and hence didn't back up the bin directory before dropping
>>the snapshot binaries into it). At the moment, I'm curious if the test
>>passes on non-hyperthreaded machines.
>

> The test passes on this hyperthreaded machine or at least it doesn't
> hang.  I have been running it repeatedly.  I do occasionally get a 'bad
> file descriptor' error but the test keeps on running.

Most odd. Anyway, I'm far more comfortable hacking Python than I am Cygwin, so
I'll get back to the list once I've taken some more time to dig into the guts of
the failing test.

For the pipe-handling issue, I take the fact that Python's test_subprocess
passed as a very good sign, since I understand that uses pipes for its
inter-process communication.

Regards,
Nick.

--